Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
swing [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2020 5:29:07 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 in hoenn's golden sunset, the sun grows heavy. the tired hues bleed into each other as if in watercolour. as noah heads home, the weight of responsibility causes each step to fall deeper. gym challenges await him in the morning.

he thinks he sees some vigoroth swinging in the trees: claws digging into bark, limbs dangling like loose tropius fruit. however, he curiosity stills him. with his foot mid-air, he pivots to the sight of a blonde girl climbing a tree. very badly.

"uh, hey," noah clears his throat, "need any help? 'cause you could hurt yourself doing that." his hand goes to his pokeball holster, cupping the device that holds his machamp. "we got swingsets in rustboro, y'know?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swing [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2020 23:19:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
There was more than dinner at stake. Her dignity was on the cusp of total annihilation as was the respect of her Pokémon, who watched and cheered with fervor, knowing full well that they were sleeping with empty bellies tonight. It was a sad sight to behold, but the blonde was desperate.
[break][break]
Aurora’s body was fully wrapped around the large, old tree trunk. With careful grips and a quick search for indents in the bark, her nails dug in and she inched her way up little by little. She’d reached about 3 feet off the ground when she took a heavy breath and called out, “Almost there, guys!” She couldn’t look down, but from her point of view, the long branch that held a dozen fruit was barely within reach.
[break][break]
Espeon, Riolu and Torchic all stared at each other and shook their heads. She wasn’t almost there; not even close.
[break][break]
Over her left shoulder Aurora could see the golden wash of the sunset blanketing the land. She was uncertain for how long she was climbing, but her hands started to hurt with the burning of splinters in her fingers. At this point, it’d be nightfall when she finally reached the fruit… or fell twenty feet to the ground. Aurora looked up at the protruding branch to her left and with one movement, jumped from the trunk to it. Her hands kept re-gripping the branch, moving slightly left to right in hopes of finding a better hold.
[break][break]
"Uh, hey, need any help? 'Cause you could hurt yourself doing that. We got swingsets in rustboro, y'know?"
[break][break]
Aurora’s eyes darted downward at the young, blue-haired man as she hung from the tree like a swaying banana. She didn’t know what to say, so she smiled awkwardly at him before re-aligning her grip. Her wavering focus of the task almost caused her to fall, but she was too determined to give up.
[break][break]
"Hi, I, uhh… I think… I got… it.." With a large huff, she attempted to do a chin up and wrap her right arm fully around the branch. [break][break]

"And I know of the swingsets you’re talking about… they’re definitely…" Her left arm now wrapped over the branch as her chest now rested on top. "… not as fun as this.” Aurora heaved another heavy breath as she gave a thumbs up.
[break][break]
She hung from the branch like a Skitty in one of those “Hang in there, baby!” posters you pin on your boring office wall.
[break][break]
With all of the grace she could muster (which was none), Aurora started to swing her leg over the branch and pull herself up. But her leg barely reached within four feet of the branch. Several failed attempts after, she sighed. Staring down at the young man, a look of desperation flickering in her pupils, she asked, "…does your offer to help still stand?”
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]Kitten poster for reference[break]noah faber

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #29af89; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #29af89; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #29af89; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
swing [c]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 3:20:08 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah watches as aurora scales the tree like a mudskipper using its feet for the first time. definitely not a vigoroth. definitely not a pokemon. his smile is equal parts encouraging and pained, and it joins the parade of aurora's incredulous pokemon.

"sure, i gotchu'." noah leaps on to the trunk. his limbs spread wide, fingers digging and grasping at every nook and cranny as if they already knew the tree's ridges by heart. he scrambles upward like a spider and catches up to aurora's branch.

as he sets himself on the branch, the tree groans a little.

"noah." he extends his hand. "are you trying to impress your pokemon or what? 'cause," the dark-haired man peers over to the ground, eyes drawn to the riolu first, "i don't think it's working, man."

---

note: i love that poster and that analogy LMAOOO

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swing [c]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 4:44:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
"Thanks…” Aurora’s voice trailed off while her mouth remained agape. She observed in disbelief at his leap and enthusiasm to climb up to her, as if it was the easiest thing in the world. Aurora’s blue eyes intently stared at the very muscular and strong looking guy as he climbed with little to no effort up the tree, taking moments what it took her… well, we won’t say how long it took her.
[break][break]
If she wasn’t embarrassed before, she was now.
[break][break]
"Noah." The man named Noah extended out his hand and Aurora gazed between his expression and his hand for several seconds until, finally, her survival instinct caused her to grasp it, lest she fall to her doom.
[break][break]
"Um.. I’m Aurora…” Using what little upper body strength she could muster and with most of the assistance coming from his arm, she was lifted up to where she could carefully sit on the tree.
"Are you trying to impress your Pokemon or what? 'Cause I don't think it's working, man."
[break][break]
Aurora’s eyebrow raised amused while a chuckle escaped her lips. She shook her head at him before looking upwards at the dangling fruit that was now within arm’s reach.
[break][break]
”Trust me, if that was my goal, I would probably have no Pokémon at all. They’d have left my sorry butt behind a long time ago.”
[break][break]
One by one, Aurora carefully clutched the fruit and set them in her arm. ”So are you from around here? You know about my secret swingset locations, so I’m assuming you must be…” Aurora asked, eyeing Noah suspiciously but with a hint of humor in her voice. Aurora stared down at her Pokémon and gave them a thumbs up again, tossing a couple fruit down to them immediately. Riolu caught one in his paws, while Espeon jumped to bite one from midair. Torchic’s bounced off his head and Aurora winced as he sniffled from the pain.
[break][break]
”I’ll be down shortly!” she called out to them, as the other two gathered around Torchic. Aurora glanced around at her situation, realizing swiftly that the climb down would not be as simple as the climb up. ”…as soon as I figure out how to get down there…”
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]noah faber

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #29af89; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #29af89; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #29af89; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
swing [c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2020 7:15:38 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "hey, so, if they're sticking around," noah's eyes take account of the rest of aurora's brigade. his hand waves at them warmly in loose rays. "that means they love ya! sort of like true love, yeah?"

as aurora reaches for the fruit, noah's hands hover near her in case she falls. the fruit smells sweet, the skin vibrant with the hue of a fresh harvest. he wonders if he should take one for his own.

"yeah! i live in rustboro." noah scratches his head. "actually, i'm its newest gym leader, so if you're into pokemon battling, i might see ya soon."

a smile blooms on his face— but it fades when he sees the torchic's head bob from newton's apple. the branch they sit on bobs too, the weight from two people perhaps too much.

"if this was your secret swingset base, how do you not know how to get down from here." he laughs. "i can drop down and catch you?" the branch groans.